Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving

Most of the thanksgiving team arrived on Saturday, but visitors continued to trickle in all the way until Wednesday. We had visitors from Denver, Morris North, Portland, Altadena, San Diego, Phoenix, Leo, Princeville, Gridley, and Minneapolis. The week went well and the team just left this afternoon. I always find it amazing how workteams arrive as a mass of people, nameless and sometimes overwhelming, but they leave as individuals, families, and new friends. The week was very different just having so many visitors around and having our meals with them. Tadi got lots of attention! :)


 Gabriella, Tadi's friend, babysat for me a couple times this week which I really enjoyed.


 During kinder recess one day, Tadi enjoyed scooting around with one of the visitors hats on.


This week, we also went with the kinder class to visit the sheep and the pigs.


Making cement. 

 In addition to a roof on the new school and some other accomplishments, some of the women spent the week preparing a huge meal. Then Thursday evening, CVE and many invited from the community had thanksgiving supper in the church diningroom.

 

Tori and Tadi in their strollers Tuesday afternoon.


Jumping on Joel and Steph's trampoline Thanksgiving morning.

Gift of the Week: I am very thankful for thanksgiving, not just as a holiday, but everyday. A plaque on my wall says, "...for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10 and I know that it is true. Joy and thanksgiving in the Lord give us strength! Particularly this week, I have been thankful for hymns and praises to God as they've come to my mind and as we've sung them. On Wednesday this week I kept thinking of this verse which I love, "To our bountiful Father above, we will offer our tribute of praise, for the glorious gift of his love, and the blessings that hallow our days. In the sweet by and by..." It thrills my heart with joy!

Please pray for Tadi, Kendra, and I as she returns this coming week from a trip and will be taking over some of Tadi's care.  I'm not sure exactly what all will change, but it is bittersweet to me as I have really enjoyed being his caregiver. Part of the sweetness is I hope to take more of a teacher's roll with him and I am excited for that.