Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Is Coming!

This week has been different as Kendra has taken over more responsabilities with Tadi. For the past three months, my life has revolved around him, so the first couple days were hard. However they have been days of learning: there's a time to hold tightly and there's a time to hold loosely and there's a time to let go. I don't know the future for Tadi and I and that saddens me at times. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed envisioning all the different turns my life could take. Kendra and I actually ended spending a decent amount of time together this week taking care of Tadi, so I think that was good for adjusting. Wednesday we went through Tadi's room, cleaning and organizing and discovering. I enjoyed seeing all his therapy things and finding new (old) things to use with him. 


One of our discoveries was his baseball cap! :)  

Wednesday afternoon we went into town together with Tadi


On Thursday, we went to clinic together and I managed to snap one picture. :) This is the sanctuary of the church where the clinic takes place. The ocupational therapy station was in the center aisle; there were a couple stations up front, and free clothing in an area off to the left of this picture. Pediatricians had tables set up in a passage along the right side of the sanctuary and physical therapy was in the foyer.  Other stations filled other rooms and corners.  It was crowded and a little hectic!

Photos during Softball last Saturday


Ricardo and Diego playing cars in the pea gravel.


Michelle feeding one of the rejected lambs.


Tadi sitting between Sara and Kathy.

...and Today


The softball footware of these two sisters made us smile. :)


Action! The kids practice catching and throwing before the game.

Christmas is Coming


Decorating the tree Sunday evening.



Hanging the lights on the largest tree of all.


Joel and Steph's Christmas tree always cheers me up when I walk by it at night!


A newly discovered and frequently used toy (spool)!  Even Tadi tried it out.


The meats class and cooking class provided us with a lunch of steak tacos (carne asada) with delicious salsas on Friday. The school has some "elective classes' that are taught on Fridays (and maybe other days).  Those include a cooking class, and a meat science class taught by Dr. Wulf.  Left to right in the picture are: Geo (one of the cooking class teachers), Marcos, Manuel, Zach Wulf, Belem, Yerania, and Duane Wulf. 

Gift of the Week: All of you!  In the past couple weeks, I've received a couple emails and a few cards that I didn't expect!  Messages of encouragment from people who don't usually contact me. These have reminded me that you care and that you're praying.  Thank you and thanks to God!  Thank you for praying.

Please pray for direction for me, that I can cast my cares on Jesus, and surrender to His will. Pray that I would patiently wait for God's time of revelation, but that nothing in me would be hindering that!  That my eyes would be open to see and my ears open to hear. 

Also, pray for Tadeo and Kendra and I.

God bless you as you enter the Christmas season. May your hearts be full of joy [the undeterred thanksgiving for every moment], peace [quietness, tranquility in your spirit as you walk in the whirlwind] and hope [glowing in your hearts and shining from your faces].