Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Friday, December 19, 2014

Therapy and Time with Tori

 Today will end our second week of Tadi's "class" and that's where a lot of my pictures have been taken. I have also been videoing some of his activities, so if I have the chance to show them to an expert they will be able to see what he can do. Usually we just sit on the floor, but I put him on the bench to snap some pictures. It is exciting to see how much better he does in a quiet room without distractions! We also walk in his walker after his class.

Fine motor skill therapy class in the baby room of the church...


 Tadi's snowman cup was a gift from Joe. On the right, he is playing with a ring and a squeaky toy.


We've been practicing throwing his soccer ball with BOTH hands.


Puzzle for learning shapes.


This is one of those cloth books that has a different fastener to open each "page." Ours starts with a buckle, then velcro, zipper, snaps, buttons, and shoelace. A bit of a surprise, Tadi concentrates and seems to rather enjoy doing it.

This week I also started using an instrument we ordered that is called a Z-vibe. It is a vibrating stick with various tips and you use it for stimulating a patient's lips, tongue, month, etc. My hope is that it will help his eating and speaking skills.

Starring Tori and Tadi...


Ever since I played in the bed of a truck a couple times with them, Tadi will ask to play there and often Tori wants to too.


Monday after playing in the truck, we baked Monster cookies that I had mixed up in the morning.


It was rather challenging for them to see all those cookies and keep there hands off, but they did well and enjoyed eating some.


We played a game where Tadi and Tori took turns hiding behind the brick wall while I sang, "O where, o where has my Tadi boy (or Tori girl) gone. O where o where could he be?..." And when I got to the end, they would come running (or wheeling) for a hug.

We also enjoy singing some of the action songs from church, The Wheels on the Bus (when were playing in the truck), and other songs.


Just yesterday I pulled out the dress-up box which was fun. Here Tori is a cowgirl princess and Tadi, a knight in shining armor. :)

Last night we had a Christmas singing and video-taped messages to send to Fede. As far as I know he is still in the hospital with or recovering from infection. It is getting serious as he continues to get infections and fewer antibiotics work. Please pray for him and for his family here! Please pray that his sister, Jaqui, will get permission to go visit him.

Sunday is our Christmas program which I am looking forward to and Lord willing, next Thursday I will be flying home!

Gift of the week: The blessings of this age in history such as traveling from Mexico to Illinois in a day, skyping my family twice a week, writing this blog, Whatsapping my Grandpa from my phone, and everything else that I take for granted. There was a time when if you traveled this far you never expected to see your family again and only received letters occasionally. Wow, what a difference!