Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Playing, Learning, Living

Time at the Wulf's


...playing with the pegboard...


 ...and other toys


Putting a peg in the hole is an accomplishment for Tadi.


Marshall uses an Abeka video curriculum and Tadi likes to watch the class with him sometimes.
















On Tuesday, Duane and Ann took Marshall and Tori to the states, so I only had Tadi and the three older boys. Garret and I made cookies to take to school the next day for his friend's birthday.

Sidenote: Tadi took a spill in his wheelchair. Hence, the scabs on his nose and lip.

Tamales: A Christmas Tradition


Tuesday morning, ladies from church and from CVE got together to make tamales that will be served after the Christmas program on the 21st.  We joked and laughed together.  It was special to see the ladies here doing something they do well and can teach us about.


I don't have a picture of a finished tamale, but perhaps some of you have eaten one. To compile one you take a wetted corn shuck, spread it with dough, add some meat, other vegetables, and an olive and fold it up.  The tamales are steamed before serving. My job was putting the tamales in bags after they were folded. 


The "masa" or dough was a mixture of whipped lard, a boughten corn mixture, chicken broth, a tomato base, and salt.


It is hard work to mix the dough.  These ladies did an amazing job.


My family and I usually skype two mornings a week.  Something I look forward to.


Mani with a ball at sunset.


Gift of the Week: God's love and patience. I am continually amazed at God's love and patience. As God teaches me, I realize that I have been wrong. I have judged wrong. I have done wrong. And I have thought wrong. Because I didn't know...yet. And once I realize that I've done so in the past, I realize that there are things right now that I am judging wrong, doing wrong, thinking wrong because I don't know...yet. But inspite of that God keeps patiently teaching me the right way to live and think. It overwhelms me that He does that for me and I am so thankful that He chooses to reveal to me new perspective, insight, and truth.

Please continue to pray that God will lead ME and that He will lead US and that He will give us wisdom to work out His will in our lives.

Also, for those who don't know, I am planning to visit Illinois over Christmas, flying in Christmas day and returning here to CVE on January 9th.  

God bless each one of you!