Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, November 1, 2014

God's Gifts

This week I would like to begin by sharing something I've been learning with the help of God and the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  Although the book goes into greater detail, it is basically about being thankful.  In the book, Ann begins to count the gifts she sees around her starting with the beautiful.  It changes her life!  As she grows and learns, she realizes that everything is a gift even what seems ugly...because we deserve nothing.  If you have the opportunity, it is an enlightening book.  

So I have been counting gifts...


mountains...flowers...pretty gates


freedom


the house of God

  
sunsets and palm trees

In my future posts, I will try to include a gift of the week...although as I said above, everything is really a gift.


Luisa and Tadeo in the hammock.

Thursday, we took our group CVE picture.  


Here is the aftermath of the photo session.


Jim (Joel's father) and Tadeo playing with Jim's attention grabbing accessories after the pictures.


Friday evening, we dressed up as Bible characters and made personal pizzas in the main dining room. I dressed Tadeo as Mephibosheth and for the supper I was "Mephibosheth's caretaker."


The Aupperle family dressed as Noah and his animals.  Here is their snake.


David and Goliath got a lot of attention. Here they are with their pizza crusts.


In the evening we continued the "dress-up" at our Jovenes gathering where I was Ruth and Marce was Naomi.  I borrowed Katie's basket for the picture.  We each told why we picked our character and there were a couple skits.

Thank you so much for your prayers!

As always, pray for Keyla.  

Also please pray that I will continue to have energy and inspiration to challenge and stimulate Tadeo.