Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

...Ends of 2018

Carnisimo Christmas Party

The present wrapping contest


Team 1


Team 2


Team 3



Of course, Miguel and Martin won!



Carnisimo and Carnisimo Burger employees!



Skyping my family on Christmas Eve to celebrate. Justin's leopards spotted robe made me laugh! 



Christmas Eve we celebrated with our CVE family, keeping the traditions of a Pozole supper, balloon popping and musical chairs, Bible story plays, a singing, tosti locos, and dancing right up until 12 AM.

God keeps teaching me valuable lessons and then usually re-teaching them. :)
Lessons of trusting and surrendering to Him because He really does have the answer and the perfect plan and I really don't. Lessons of letting go of my own agendas and my idea of perfection to let Him bring beauty out of the brokenness. Lessons of going to Him for true refreshment instead of distracting myself with things that ultimately come to nothing. 

Yesterday, my verse for the day was "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending..."
That was what God spoke to me when I received a marriage proposal in February. To me, He said, "I am here from the beginning of this journey and I will be here until the end." For us, years begin and end, callings come and go, lives start and stop, dreams are born and die, but for God there is no beginning or end. All these began for Him when He planned them before time was born and He sees the effects that continue to propagate far beyond the span of our lives and understanding.

And so here's to 2019!