Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Spotlight on Balto! and more...


Balto playing with his friends at CVE!




The black dog belongs to Fe Leman and the brown dog belongs to the Slagel's.


We were worried about Balto last week because he was subdued and seemed sick. Finally we figured out that he had a cold and we were able to get him the right medicine. Since Miguel works at the vet office now, he got lots of treatments including shots and was feeling better within a week!


Tuesday when his favorite girl from CVE visited, he was pretty sick, but we pampered him, and at least she enjoyed it. He even joined us for a game of uno! just kidding.

Sadly, I don't have many other pictures this week. So just a quick update...
I had a cold last week as well, so I stayed home from work on Wednesday and Thursday. 
Thankfully, I was feeling much better in time for our annual Fun Day on Saturday!
Each year for Children's Day (April 30), CVE has a day of games, competitions, and prizes. Last year, we missed it, but this year we were back with a small, but exciting version.

I was in charge of organizing it this year which was new for me. 
We had four competitions, an obstacle course, a race, a water balloon toss, and a coloring competition. There was also a volleyball game, lunch, and ice-cream. 

On Saturday evening, I ran into Mani (one of the boys I used to care for) and we had him over for supper and some games. These relationships can be so complicated sometimes for me, but I was thankful for the chance to connect and thankful that he has been spending more time with people from CVE in the last week. Please continue to pray for him, Yubal and Yoani, and Jesus (the other boys I cared for). 

This week, Tadeo and his family leave for their new home in Indiana. I will miss him a lot! Please pray for them in their transition and for all of us as we adjust to their absence. 

Miguel's family plans to arrive this Saturday for two weeks. His brother is coming from California. We are very excited. This will be the first time he has seen his brother in about 8 years! Please pray for our time with his family that it can be a blessing for all of us!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and God's blessings to each of you!