Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Monday, September 4, 2017

Father's Day in August! (And some critters.)

Sunday August 27th we celebrated all the men here at CVE with steak, potatoes, bread, salad, and apple pie! (We postponed Father's Day due to the busy summer schedule.) In our CVE culture, Father's Day isn't only about real dads, but a big "thank you" to ALL the men that invest in our children's lives. What would we do without them?

We hosted Rachel Witzig here the week prior to "Father's Day" and she helped me make 10 pies for the event. 😳 Lots of pies! I was still worried about the pie running out, but we had pie and to spare. (I may have eaten approximately an entire leftover pie since then.)

Just out of the oven.

August 28th we celebrated three years with Zoom. He is now seven years old, starting second grade, and very sharp riding his new ripstick.

Preparing to remove a long undetected mouse from behind the fridge. Marce detected it. I removed it. Teamwork!

Whiz's tomato plant continues to flourish, but I noticed some chewed tomatoes. With a closer look I discovered the culprit! 

I was very thankful that the boys and their father attended church on Sunday after two Sundays absent. Please keep praying they will feel welcome and God would open their hearts to the truth!

Mexican version of a snowball fight using fake cotton snowballs...

Pau had mentioned to me that she heard kittens meowing above her room, but I hadn't heard of any missing cats, so I didn't think much of it. Sunday afternoon, Jodi and kids were on my porch having discovered their cat, Emily Elizabeth, on the roof. Suddenly it clicked! "Pau said she could hear kittens!" I informed them. We decided to try the attic. And there they were back under a board. I managed to crawl in and we relocated the five kitties to Jodi's house.

Please pray for Madison Kupferschmid who has been very sick this past week and is currently in the Tucson hospital recuperating. Raquel is also absent on a trip, so pray for the kids from Casa Rincón who have had various caregivers in and out the past few days. Pray that they can find a sense of security in the insecurity and that their life be able to return to normalcy soon.