Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Sunday, September 10, 2017

A Year Ago Today

On September 10, 2016, two little brothers moved into our house. They had arrived a couple weeks before as a temporary case and been staying elsewhere on campus.

The picture below was taken their first Sunday here, the day Marce and I said, "We would like them to stay." That morning I danced for joy in my room and prayed, "God if you make this happen, I will praise You!" Because God's hand in the situation was so apparent to me and I could see how he had worked and was working to bring those boys into our home.


On August 2nd (a little over a month ago), Keith and Nicole asked to meet with us and shared that it was likely they would be going home to their dad the coming week. And on Wednesday, August 9th, they did.


(climbing into the car to be taken home)

Today is September 10, 2017, exactly a year from the date they moved in with us. This morning I went and picked them and their dad up for church. They came last Sunday too and Lord willing, they'll come next Sunday. That is an answer to prayer, mine and yours.

I am amazed at God's faithfulness!

But that is not all...God knows just how to show us how much He cares and what follows is just too special...

On September 10, 2016, the day the boys arrived, I started a new journal. On the front of the journal are the words, "So True," and in small lettering are listed many ponderings about God: "God is awesome • even when the circumstances aren't • what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will give us later • He will give you the strength to endure • God knows our hearts..." 

Tonight (exactly one year later) I will fill in the last page of that journal and I realized yesterday that without my intention, the journal follows a theme. The theme is: 

LIVE BY THE TRUTH

1st quote on the 1st page, "Please help  me to remember the truths on the front of this journal..."

November 25, "I have not been living by the following truths: God is sufficient, God is the most important, I will only find true satisfaction, peace, and joy in Christ." (those three truths continue throughout the whole journal)

December 5, "I must live by these truths: God is enough. He satisfies."

January 15, "The truth is God is all-powerful. He has promised to be with us. His grace is sufficient. He is enough! His truth sets us free."

And it continues...

August 31st, "God's will is best - He provides - He is enough - Christ satisfies..."

I am amazed at God's attention to detail!

Obviously I need reminded of those truths often. But they are nevertheless, "so true!" If I believe them, I will live by them, and they will set me free.

Perhaps His ways are not always so clear to me. However, the truth is: He has a plan. And it is the best plan.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32