Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Betel House Beach Trip 2015

So after trying numerous times to plan a trip to the beach, we finally made it.

Here are some pictures of the house where we stayed.



Pau instructed us to eat plenty of fruit during our stay.



Our back patio.


It was Kenia, Tadeo, and Mani's first time ever at the beach and they all had a great time.


Fish dish Friday evening.


Friday was Yaneli's 16th birthday and we picked up an ice cream cake in Hermosillo. (To get to this beach you have to drive two hours south to Hermosillo and then about an hour west.)

Yane was not thrilled about getting her face smashed in a hard, cold ice cream cake... 


But she was a good sport.


We collected shells, built sand castles, rode the waves, went to the pier and jumped off, and tried out sea food restaurants. Here I wrote "Casa Betel" by one of our sand castles. Pau, Kendra, and Marce were honestly not too excited about the trip, thinking about dealing with Mani's tantrums away from home. However, he only threw a couple tantrums and we all had a great time. I think it was all the better because of the low expectations.


Yane preparing to meet a wave.


Kenia and Yane riding the waves.


Tadeo loved the waves and sitting on the beach where they could wash over him.


One afternoon we even rode an inflatable banana boat...spray in your face, leaning to keep from tipping, bouncing over the waves. They dumped us off a few times.


On our trip home, we went to the lookout mountain in Hermosillo. I hadn't ever been there, but it is quite the view.



The family looking out over the city.


The sign reads, "Jesus Christ is coming."

Thanks God that there are still people announcing Thy coming. 
Thanks that the trip to the beach was such an enjoyable and bonding adventure for our family.

Please pray for our family as we continue to adjust to Yerania's absence (see post "A peek into my classroom."). Pray for Yerania as she adjusts to life with her family and that she would continue to seek God. Please pray that I and my two students, Luisa and Jesus (Chuy), would experience a smooth entry into preschool next Monday.