Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Expo Esperanza 2015

Expo Esperanza is a three-day event of project judging, demonstrations, performances, and animal showing similar to a 4-H fair. Their mission is "to develop leadership, responsibility, and techincal skills in today's youth through experiential learning programs that encourage proactive involvement at community and personal levels." Translated "Expo Esperanza" would mean something like "Hope Exposition."

So, we enjoyed an exciting and successful Expo Esperanza 2015.
I was thankful that Bonnie Dotterer, my mentor, could be here to visit me during the Expo.


Early Thursday morning...campus awakening for a busy day...



Tadeo eating breakfast


Chairs set up for the kids to sit while waiting to be called in to the judges.


An hour later...it's filling up...


The tables and chairs were set up according to categories and the children could line up for a certain category. The judges sat at tables in the classrooms inside the school (beyond the door in the picture) and the children came in one at at time to be judged. The projects judged here Thursday morning were: dessert, salsa, cookies, tortillas and bread, 3-D art, sewing, photography, scrap booking, painting, colored pencil, drawing, creative writing, LEGO creations, entomology, horticulture, and mecatronics.


Small species and chickens displayed in the cancha (volleyball court).


Watching the advanced bovine class (cows).



Kenia and Secretary


She got a purple ribbon! 
Miguel won grand champion and Axel won reserved grand champion.


Intermediate barrel racing. 
Barrel racing is the most exciting event of the Expo in my opinion.


All the intermediate horse participants lined up to receive their awards.


Bonnie and I watching the animal shows.

The instrument, singing, and musical group performances took place Thursday afternoon. Here Kenia is singing with Estephania Shick.


Friday morning Tadeo participated in an Expo event for the first time, riding Conde in the beginner horse class. I walked beside him, so I didn't get any pictures, but Bonnie sent me this one. 


Demonstration, Oral Interpretation, and Scenic Arts (Drama) took place Friday afternoon.
Gloria Arcoverde, Candi Mendez, and Marisol Garcia did a cowgirl dance that won the beginner class championship in communication at the Prize Banquet on Saturday.


Expo participants smile for the camera.


The prize ceremony and banquet on Saturday evening. 


God's Gifts: A successful Expo Esperanza 2015 :)