Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Peek into my Classroom

Clinic Day: August 2015


Bright-eyed, bushy-tailed we leave the house at 4:30 in the morning...


playing with play dough while waiting to be called for an appointment...


reunion with a friend, border guard Angelica

Yerania's Farewell Open House


Yerania and I
I have been enjoying getting to know Yerania more and more in the past weeks especially when she was in my sewing class for expo and also visiting together. Over the last few months, she has been making plans to return to her mother and so on Friday, August 7th we hosted a farewell open house for her. She will be sixteen this month.


The open house was very kid-friendly! :)

Yerania left to be with her family on Monday, the 17th. We are really going to miss her...


Coffee flavored ice cream made from goat's milk on a Sunday evening. Thank you, Keith!

A Peek into my Classroom


 As I've been decorating and preparing my classroom for school to start, I have been getting more and more excited. Here you see my shelves for teaching supplies, a vowels poster, and the poster for registering each morning. 




Here shows the classroom facing the door. The white table is where my two students, Luisa and Chuy, will sit. To the left is my desk and to the right is the toy corner.


 The toy corner.


The library is in the corner behind the bookcase.


Facing the marker board. To the right is my desk and to the left is the library corner.


Outside my classroom is a room that Jaqui (the kindergarten teacher) and I will share. In it we have our crash and bump course. The kids ride on the little scooters following the green tape. They walk on the colorful "rocks," balance on the tippy board, jump on the trampoline, and finally crawl through a cloth tunnel across the blue mat. 

Our kindergarten and preschool start on Monday, August 31st.

Coming Soon: update about the Expo (August 13th-15th).