Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Photoless Update

Well, it's been a couple weeks since my last post and I somehow don't have a single picture to share! I guess we've been busy! 

It's just starting to cool down here in the evenings and the summer rains are over. CVV classes are being conducted online. Tomorrow and Thursday all of us CVE staff have our yearly "civil protection" training. "Civil Protection" is a government branch that oversees fire safety and other safety measures. Training consists of power points and videos about fire safety, first aid, search and rescue, and evacuation. We also practice using a fire extinguisher, bandaging wounds, rescuing people, and evacuating the building a time or two.

This Friday is CVE's yearly group photo shoot and I'm in charge of ordering pizzas for a pizza supper afterward. Kayla Bahler and TJ Sutton were here as summer staff and stayed to help support in a few different houses while staff members were traveling. The pizza dinner will also be a farewell party for them as they plan to travel home soon. 

I am planning a trip to Illinois, November 24th through December 8th! It has been a year and a half since my last trip, so I am very excited to see everyone and catch up. I'm also very excited to meet my baby nephew who is due to be born the beginning of November. I'm not sure which dates I will be in the Peoria area and which I will be in the Forrest/Fairbury area, but hopefully I will get to see a few of you!

The plans aren't set for sure, but Lord willing, Miguel's mom, Lola, and maybe one of his brothers are planning to visit in the next couple weeks. So we are looking forward to that as well. 

Here's a little poem I wrote in October 2010!

The Moon, a Reflection

This evening the moon was shining bright.
The minister mentioned of its light,
“The moon possesses no light of its own
But only reflects the light of the sun.”

May we like the moon as God’s elect,
The Son’s glory always reflect,
In dwelt by His Spirit, may we shine His light
Across the world in this dark night.

As always, we appreciate your prayers and support!