Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Friday, August 11, 2023

Summer Recap

Summer Role

My role this summer was mostly helping with a class with one of the girls for summer camp plus a few odds and ends. Also, while I helped with the class, Anthony went to "day care" that a couple summer volunteers held. He spent time with a number of the other missionary kids and although he cried every time I dropped him off, I think it was a good experience for him esp. since it was only a couple hours each time. 



One thing that has been a win win for all involved is some of the girls coming over to my house. They get to spend some time with Anthony and get out of the house and I get a little help. 

Quilt for Expo

For about 3 weeks this summer, I helped Camila sew a quilt for her expo project. She was very dedicated and we both learned a lot because I hadn't even done a couple of the steps before. 






Expo

I think our summer had a nice balance of activities and time at home. Miguel and I sold burritos and cinnamon rolls and Jamaica and lemonade at the Expo for the 4th time I believe. 

The cinnamon rolls are always a hit. Here they are covered and waiting for morning.


Our little sidekick


Our setup


Receiving customers at the window.

Anthony's summer highlights


Playing in water

 



Eating lots of kinds of foods


Time with "da da"



 

Making messes

 

Time with mom


Learning to walk and run!


Meeting a kitty


Swinging/playground/slides


Playing in the rain


Going on walks


These chairs may have been a highlight but not really his 12 month vaccines! :)


We love our little buddy so much! He is definitely a toddler now!

Thanks for your love and prayers!