Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Welcome to September

Well, it's been a month since Expo and I hardly have any photos.
But it's been nice to have some more down time after a busy summer. 

According to the Federal government, Sonora is in yellow now of the green-yellow-orange-red stoplight method they've been using to categorize states according to the number of COVID cases. So it appears we may be headed in the direction of normality. At this point, I still wear a mask at work in the kitchen, we still have to wear masks in stores, and the border is still closed to non-essential travel with the next date of review being September 20th. Hopefully, this time they'll say it can open up!

Since I sprained my ankle about 4 weeks ago, I haven't been able to play sports, so I've been taking more time to write which has been nice. Also, a couple months ago I started learning German on the app DuoLingo. (Can't remember if I mentioned it before.) I really enjoy languages, so it has been a fun challenge. I've been at it for 78 days to be exact and haven't missed a day.
Any of you out there speak German?! Because I might need people to practice with. 

Ich heisse Laura. Mein Mann heisst Miguel. Wir haben keine Katze, sondern einen Hund. Er heisst Balto. Ich komme aus Mexico. Ich habe zwei Schwestern und vier Brüder. Sie kommen aus Illinois. Ich schreibe und kuche gerne. Was magst du?

So you might wonder, why learn German? What would I use it for? Well, for me it's mostly just for fun...and maybe a stepping stone to learning more languages in the future.


Had some fun on Saturday trying to stack all of our 1 peso coins! It was quite a feat.


Miguel was much more talented at it! ;)


Sunday we had our first in-person church service since March. So excited to go!
They had it on the patio behind Carnisimo.


Also I had a few errands to run in town this morning and felt a nudge to go see if I could find Mani near his house. I was so excited to see his sister outside and after parking got to chat with them both for a bit. He is doing his school online and is in 5th grade now. It's hard for me to believe. Anyways...if you think of it, say some prayers for him. Sometimes it surprises me how these kids still have a hold on my heart! 

Tomorrow will be mine and Miguel's 2nd anniversary! This weekend we plan to head to San Carlos for a couple days. So I'm looking forward to that and maybe I'll have more photos for the next post.