Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Twilight Hues

In the CVE kitchen, I tried my hand at making chicken tenders. I'll be making them again! So yummy! At home, I had some chocolate kisses that needed used up, so I made these cookies. I was excited that I found a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for.


We know it's a real storm when we have to sweep the water away from a dining room door.


Out to eat on a Saturday evening


And the beautiful sunset that evening.


I took some girls to the coffee shop on Wednesday afternoon.


So fun to see them enjoying their books.


The younger two and I used Jenga blocks to make domino chains.


Balto meeting Luka, the Grassi's new puppy. Hope they become good friends!


Wayne and Nancy Zimmerman are here for a week or so and Nancy gave us a flower arrangement class that I really enjoyed.


We've been having a lot of lightning and I captured this bit on Friday night.
(It did not actually strike that light pole.)

For all the readers enjoyment, I'm going to start trying to post some of my poems.

Twilight Hues

Birds sing songs of sunset.
Footprints turn towards home.
Stars peek out across the span
Of heaven’s silent dome.

Shadows duel with rainbows.
Sun sinks in the west.
Clouds wave purple as they bid
Their friends a blessed rest.

Golden rays of sunshine
Fade to twilight hues,
All the world in yellows,
All the world in blues.

God directs the choir
Of silent, sounding light.
With eyes on Him, His choristers sing
All through the starry night.