Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Celebrating Christmas

First and Last Christmas at Casa Betel

Pau and the girls, Geo, and I were all gone traveling over Christmas day, so we celebrated the weekend before on December 19th. 


I was surprised to discover that Kenia had my name in the gift exchange. She gave me a big, soft, blue blanket that she bought herself.


Lots of excitement...


It was a wonderful evening together.


Tadeo and Mani got bags of candy.


The boys had other gifts to open on Christmas Day.


Yane opening her gift from Pau.


Pau with her gift from Yane.


The boys got cars in their stockings.


On December 22nd I flew from Tucson to Dallas to Peoria and Mom, Timi, and Emily met me at the airport. It was a joyful reunion. I'd been looking forward to the visit for a long time, as it had been over six months since the last. Thanks to everyone who prayed for safe travels.


Em and I at Mom and Gary's.


After celebrating Christmas as a family on December 27th, we went to Famous Dave's for supper. Here Timothy is posing with all the trophies for their famous ribs.


I had Timothy's name in our gift exchange and gave him a Lego Ideas book, so that night we spent almost 3 hrs (?!) building legos. It was a lot of fun.


Timi and our creations.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for my visit home. There were some difficult, emotional, overwhelming times, but over all I feel very blessed. I saw many, many friends and enjoyed time with my family in Peoria and Forrest. 

Arriving at back to CVE on January 5th, our house was in action packing up for the big move...