Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Musical Houses :)

I thought I'd already mentioned the big move, but looking back at my posts, the last one was right before it was announced to everyone. So a bit of explanation... In the Casa Betel, there were two family groups. Pau, and the two girls (Yaneli and Kenia) and Kendra and Marce and the two boys (Tadeo and Mani). During musical houses, Jodi Beer and kids moved to an empty guest house elsewhere on campus and Kendra, Marce, Tadeo, Mani and I moved into her old house. Then Pau and the girls swapped houses with Adam and Jenna Leman who care for five children and are expecting a baby this year. They needed a larger house. Before the swap, Adam and Jenna and Jodi Beer lived in a large house that had been divided into two smaller houses, so now Kendra, Marce, boys, and I live on Jodi's side of the house and Pau and the girls on the other side. Our houses are connected, but we each have our own space. Jodi moved the end of last week and this Wednesday (the 13th) was moving day for the rest of us.


Here is my bedroom at the new house. I share with Marce. My Christmas gift blanket from Kenia is on the bed. 


This is the kitchen. 

Perhaps the most interesting characteristic of our new abode is the community of mice living in the walls. With the help of Todd Kaeb, we are armed with six snicker-bated traps. Between Pau's side and ours we have caught seven mice. The Cissna Park team was here during the move, so the ladies cleaned our houses and the men helped move furniture. We are very grateful to them!

Please pray for each of us as we adjust to new family dynamics and new homes. Please pray for all of our relationships with the changes that are frequently taking place here at CVE. Please pray for the kindergarten here and for Jaqui and I as we get back into the school routine.

Thanks to God:
- for people to help us clean and move
- that we moved and it went okay
- for heaters (I have one above my bed :) ) 
- for a relaxing Saturday after such a busy week
- for His unending love and mercy