Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Up in the Mountains

A week ago, Saturday, a group of us drove about thirty minutes to hike a mountain on the ranch of someone with whom Limon is acquainted. We drove there packed into a big, white van and two 4-wheel-drive pickups.


Looking towards the mountains from the ranch.


Gathered around getting ready to take the pickups the rest of the way.


In the back of the pickups.


Looking back toward Magdalena which was at a lower altitude. If anyone knows what I mean by the big mountain south of Magdalena with the impressive cliff, that mountain (Cerro de la Ventana) is peeking up right on the left side of this picture. We were east of Magdalena. You might not be able to see the little white buildings, but Magdalena is straight ahead in this picture.



The beautiful cliffs off to our right.


The mountain we were headed for. It is actually a large plateau on top.


Facing the cliffs below the plateau.


Hiking below the cliffs towards a natural spring. 
Beyond the spring, you can see a slope of rocks where my group ended up hiking later.


Looking up from the spring.


The spring.


Some of us hiked up to the left of the spring and others to the right. I went to the right and we arrived at these rocks. They weren't such a difficult hike as a stressful one, more so on the way down. :) Some of them were unsteady and we had to be careful not to knock them loose.
Mani is climbing on the right in this picture.

  
Looking down from the top of the rock slope. Fernando is the boy pictured.


Alicia went with me on the hike. Here we are at the top of the rock slope.

We crab-walked down the rocks and arrived back at the spring. We were the last group back to the trucks.


As we left, we looked back at the rock slope. We hadn't gotten even close to the top of the mountain. :)

A few days later, Pau, Kathy, and I climbed the cross mountain close to Magdalena. It was just as usual, except for the cows which were very cute. :)




 Hopefully, with all our mountain climbing we'll be ready to climb the Cerro de la Ventana come March. 


Looking at the Cerro de la Ventana from the cross mountain.


Hiking the Cerro de la Ventana as a girl.

I can't wait!