Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Monday, October 5, 2015

Birthday Party at the Cafe


Feliz Cumpleanos Jesus and Mili! 
(L-R: Mani, Mili, Jesus, Luisa, Tadeo)


Lighting the candles...



Mordita for Mili


Group picture


My two students, Jesus, and Luisa, and I

.

Jesus, Mani, Luisa, and I.

\
We managed to inflate the "super balloon." The kids had fun running around with it.


I think this is the best picture ever of Tadeo and I. I'm glad he got to go along and enjoy the festivities.

So that was the party last Friday at the cafe. Jackie and I braved the crowded town (because of the October fiestas) and the kids each got a smoothie, we played with the super balloon, Mili and Jesus had their penguino cakes, we opened gifts and then headed back to school. 

Please pray for Magdalena. This prayer request is a little outdated, as last weekend was the actual holiday of San Fransisco Javier, our city's saint, but the town is still teaming with people. Every October for several weeks people come to celebrate. Some people come walking from Nogales or other towns to pay vows that they have made. Please pray that God's light, truth, and power would shine into the hearts of the people here in Magdalena and also all those who come to celebrate. Pray that they can know God's love and salvation by grace.

Also, please pray for our two new students in kinder. They are twins of a primary school teacher at Colegio Verdad y Vida (the on-campus school) and are in Jackie's class. Today was their first day, so I don't have any pictures, but they are very petite and very cute. Please pray that they can have a smooth integration into our school and that the other kids can be good examples for them to follow. 

Thanks to God for a fresh, breezy day, for His blessings on our choir, and for Tadeo's improving communication skills. (It has been amazing to hear the improvements in our choir (ages 13-20ish). Our next program is planned for November 8th. For me it is a weekly bucket filler.)