Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Visitors from Illinois!


We were so blessed and thankful to enjoy a visit from my mom and younger brother, Tim, last week.


Friday evening after work, I drove up to Tucson. Tim and Mom arrived around 9:30 PM. I was excited to stay the night with them in a hotel! Saturday morning we went shopping and headed back across the border. They were patient as I unloaded purchases and packages at CVE and then we enjoyed some steak tacos after Miguel got off work.

Sunday they went with us to church at Denver and Katie's and we celebrated Miguel's and my birthdays in the evening with a tres leches cake and hamburgers! Monday, Tim and Mom went with me to work and helped me work on some sewing machines I'm trying to get up and running. They also helped me water our garden. 


When we arrived at the CVE kitchen in the morning, a couple birds had gotten trapped inside. Before we could get the door open, one of them slammed into the glass and got a little stunned. We opened the door and managed to coax it out. Then it latched onto my shoe. We put it on a window sill outside and a little later another bird showed up. It was cute watching it encourage its friend. Finally, the new bird just pushed his friend off the ledge and they both flew away.

Tuesday, I took the day off and we had a relaxing morning, took a walk, and were home during Miguel's lunch break. In the evening we went to Café Sed during Miguel's Bible study time.

We finally snapped a few pictures!


One thing I'm especially thankful that we got accomplished during our time together was writing some books! Tim and I wrote a short comic together and had a lot of fun. And mom spent a large chunk of time writing her perspective for a book I've been writing.  It's about the two years that my dad was struggling with cancer.

Wednesday and Thursday, Mom and Tim accompanied me to work as well and Thursday evening, Mom and I got to watch the Woman's Outreach Meeting together. Katy Miller talked about spiritual gifts.

Friday morning we were up bright and early and sped back up to Tucson for Mom and Tim's flight that afternoon.


Anyone notice something wrong with this speedometer? 
 Tim and I enjoyed sending this picture to the family chat.


The temp has really gone up around here over the last week and Balto is shedding like crazy. On Saturday I combed out what I could.

We're thankful for spring, for family, for work, for rest. We enjoyed a beautiful Easter weekend. I'm reading through the Psalms and it was special for me that Psalm 22 happened to fall on Good Friday. As I began to read I didn't realize it was a Psalm containing prophecies about Jesus crucifixion. Sometimes it is so special when God touches our lives in little ways like that. As we think about Christ's sacrifice and his victory over sin and death, we have so much to be thankful for!

Also on Friday while in Tucson I decided to take a scenic route back to Nogales which had been promoted to me by Duane Wulf. It was beautiful! It wound up through the hills and there were lots of trees, yellow grass, and cute cowboy towns. I realized that it had been awhile since I had seen something new like that. I enjoyed coming around each bend and seeing more new, beautiful scenery.

Once again, thanks for your support and prayers!