Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Thursday, August 6, 2020

CVE 5K Color Run 2020

We had our first ever color run here at CVE!


Marissa was my training-buddy for the three times I practiced before the race! We ran together most of the way. She was also my buddy along with Lucy at Joy Camp.


Coming across the finish line!


Miguel and I 

The girls pyramid

And the aftermath


The summer staff pyramid!

It was a lot of fun. The fastest runners made it in 22 minutes plus seconds. I made it in 32 minutes and afterwards we had fun as you can see above. Then we ate watermelon and energy bites (peanut butter, chocolate, oat bites) and headed home!

Tomorrow is the first day of Expo Esperanza 2020 which is looking a little different this year due to COVID-19 restrictions! Hopefully some pictures coming soon...

As I looked back at some of my previous posts, I saw that a year ago before Expo we were just getting our paperwork finalized to send in the I-130 form (the first step in Miguel's US residency process). So a little update... the beginning of the year the USCIS approved the application and passed it on to the National Visa Center. The National Visa Center asked for more documents which we sent in and they have confirmed that they have all the documents needed. At the moment, we are just waiting for an interview to be scheduled in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. With COVID-19 preventing travel, we realize that those interviews could be somewhat behind schedule, so we're just waiting to hear. Thanks for your prayers!

From Stars to Snowflakes

I thank Thee for the stars above
And all the universe.
The mountains great, the sunsets gold,
Thy wonders we rehearse.

I thank Thee, Lord, for details, too,
For snowflakes, each unique,
For fingerprints, and fingernails.
To understand, we seek.

How can a God know how to make 
A mountain or a star
And also separate our thoughts
From what our intents are?