Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Friday, May 29, 2015

Across the Land

Kindergarten performance on Sunday afternoon of May 10th - Mother's Day. They sang a bunny song and a duck song with costumes and dancing to go along.



The kids posed with their mothers/caretakers for photos. Here is Mani Duck and Marce.

On Tuesday, May 12th, Emily and I drove up to Tucson to get my Mom and three youngest siblings, Megan, Justin, and Timothy.

 Megan, Mom, Emily, Me
Timothy, Justin

Early Wednesday morning (while they were still on Illinois time), we climbed the cross mountain, one of the things on our list to do. We visited both our old houses, the Cafe, the favorite convenience store, and the favorite taqueria. They also enjoyed getting to know those of my household and visiting old friends in town. I personally enjoyed having them get to know my friends here. Now when I talk about my family to them or about them to my family, we'll all know who they are.


Friday night there was a campfire and singing at Adam and Jenna's. I was touched looking around the circle at each member of our CVE family, young and old. 


PUT YOUR HANDS UP!
Justin, Timothy, and Marshall Wulf became fast friends and enjoyed hours of fun together especially since my family stayed in the guestrooms above the Wulf house.


Emily and I got Tadeo on Conde for a little ride the Monday before leaving. She brought him right up to the door for mounting. :)

After a safe trip home...


I was thankful to be able to be at Philip's graduation on Friday, the 22nd. 


As salutatorian of his class, he had to give a speech. Here he is walking back to his seat after receiving his diploma.


Sunday evening, Emily and I left for Morris, MN to visit Fede...


...where we had a great time touring the farm, visiting, AND getting Fede on top of Cody! It was an exciting adventure and well worth it.


We left Tuesday morning and arrived safely back in central Illinois that evening.

Prayer Requests...
SO...Sunday is the big day. Our markerboard is announcing "2 more days until Mom is Mrs. Unsicker."  This afternoon we went to set up for the reception and tomorrow afternoon we have pictures. Please pray for a wonderful wedding, but more importantly for a wonderful marriage. Pray for us kids that in the midst of all the emotions that we would never forget for a moment that we are in the hollow of God's hand. Also, pray that it will go smoothly next week as Emily and I babysit our younger siblings. 

As far as God's gifts...
First of all, I need to add to my last post about my clinic day adventures. The day after clinic, I discovered my wallet was missing. I canceled my debit card, gave up pretty much all hope of seeing the wallet again, and figured I'd have to get a new license when I came up here for the wedding. The incident also reminded me that my money and possessions are all gifts from God and really belong to him. Valuable lesson... The next Tuesday after picking my family up in Tucson, we stopped at a Dairy Queen where I had run in to the restroom just before crossing the border. Half-embarrassed, I started, "Umm...I was in here last Thursday..." The cashier's eyes light up and she exclaimed, "You left your wallet in the bathroom!" I was struck speechless, but sure enough there it was with everything in tact. I hardly new what to say, but I bought icecream and went back out to the van feeling like all my problems had been solved. Miraculous!

I'm also very thankful for my family's visit and for my time back here in the states. And best of all, thanks to God for His love and care.