Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Monday, February 23, 2015

Announcing...

Announcing the engagement of my mother, Marie, to Brother Gary Unsicker from Peoria, Illinois. (And my apologies that I don't have a picture available to share at this time.) 

I would also like to announce that my sister Megan started repenting about a week and a half ago.

‎Thursday, ‎October ‎9, ‎2014, ‏‎4:37:00 PM

‎Thursday, ‎February ‎12, ‎2015, ‏‎4:52:36 PM

Did they grow any in the four months between these pictures?
(4 months, 3 days, 15 minutes, and 36 seconds to be exact) :)

I think maybe the Z-vibe is helping Tadi's smile because it just gets bigger! :)


Rebeka and Marce. Headed to a Valentine's supper at Adam and Jenna's on Friday the 13th.

Monday, Rebeka and I took Tadi and Timi to see what the workteam was doing. We arrived in time to witness the removing of a tarantula from the worksite. Our workteam last week was from Gridley.

Mani's Birthday Party


His amazing cake, decorated by "Abuela" (Carissa's mom, Twyla).


Tadi was about as excited as Mani.


The hats were really fun!


The food line.


The mordida. Mani smashed his own face in the cake, twice!


Tuesday at the Wulf's.


I helped Tadi push Tori in his wheelchair. He thought it was great!


Tuesday evening in town with the group.


We moved some more of Tadi's things over last Saturday, so Mani and Tadi were enjoying his scooter boards.


Today (Monday) at Wulf's.



Marshall took us to see the nerf-gun fort that he and his brothers dug in the pasture.


Tadi walked there in his walker (with help) which was good practice. He was really excited.


Then Marshall and I had some pretend battles and we all escaped back to the house for "lemonade," made from key limes.

Please pray for: My family as we adjust to everything that comes with remarriage, including moving to a new home, new town, and a new church, and for Gary, marriage for the first time and seven children! I trust that God's will is best, but I don't want any one of us to allow this change to cause bitterness, resentment, or wedges in our relationships with one another. So please pray we can accept God's will even if that takes some time. Also, for Megan as she seeks God in her life. And for CVE that we would draw together and not apart as the changes taking place at this time are very painful.

Gift of the Week: Thank God for the messiness, the craziness, the brokenness, the uprootedness in your life. When our lives are neat and ideal, we are afraid of messy people, but when God shows us the messiness of our own lives, we are free to embrace others in their mess. 

This is my forever prayer, forever prayer, forever prayer.
This is my forever prayer, that I pray right now.
Break me, make me,
Fold me, mold me,
teach me, lead me,
Use me, I pray.
This is my forever prayer...

Sometimes the answers to this prayer are scary, but what better place to be than shattered in the hands of God!