Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Getting a Better Schedule

Sorry for the lack of photos this week.  My camera battery is dying and I'm awaiting my charger from home. :)

Sunday evening, Keyla started having convulsions and we thought it was the end, but they stopped in the night and she has been unresponsive since.  Jodi, Kendra, Nicole and Keyla went to Hermosillo Monday morning.  Geo took Jodi's parents, Fred and Pat, later in the day. Osi and Jorge were staying with Joel and Steph until Thursday when Fred and Pat came back from Hermosillo.  From Sunday through Thursday I stayed at the house with Tadi since no one else was there.

Kendra had showed me Tadi's stretches on Friday, so we have been doing those this week along with reading books and playing with some toys as therapy for his right arm.  As part of our better schedule, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoon, we went out to the Wulf's and I babysat for a few hours. It has been nice to have not quite so much freetime.  Wednesday, Melody Cervantes watched Tadi for me in the afternoon.  I got to visit a family that we spent quite a bit of time with when we lived here.  It was special to catch up on things and they were very excited to see me.

Yesterday afternoon (Friday), Tadi got his hand in a cactus, a kind that has lots of tiny "stickers." We just had to pull them out with a tweezers or our fingers.  Then we went to the church and I played piano for awhile.  In the evening we went to Joe and Denise's for a campfire with Dayton and Kathy, Madison, and Austin Kupferschmid, and Joe and Denise's company from Bluffton, Joel and Erin, Brett, and Emily Drayer. The campfire was really nice as we enjoyed snacks and visiting and singing. My family knows the Drayers, so when they arrived on Thursday, it was a pleasant surprise.

This morning, Tadi and I came into the Cafe.  There are a lot of people around Magdalena this past week and the coming because of the festival for their saint, San Fransisco.  We appreciate prayers for safety for us and others in the town and also for the spiritual awakening of the many who come to celebrate.

  Manny's (Emmanuel) favorite past time is riding his bike.  He is CVE's newest child and Marce takes care of him at the girls' house.  


With no one else at the house the beginning of the week, Tadi and I enjoyed some inside time.  Here we are playing with blocks and toy animals.


Some of you may have heard of the Slagel Meats benefit supper for CVE or attended it.  Denver brought this banner back from Illinois this week and it is hanging in the dining room on the fireplace mantle.  I enjoyed reading the many notes from folks in central Illinois.

Please continue to pray for Keyla.  She has almost won the victory!  Pray for her caretakers who will need to accept and adjust to the change after battling with her for nine months.  Pray for Tadi that God would work in His heart and for me that I could be patient and loving.  

Much love and prayers to you all!  God bless!