Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Teaching English this Spring

Good evening everyone!

After returning from our travels in January, I started teaching English at the CVV primary school to grades 1st through 6th. I have 54 students total with the largest class being 11 students and the smallest 7 students. It has been an intense few months with a steep growth curve, but we returned from spring break a couple weeks ago and I'm thankful for where I'm at right now. 

lesson plans...discipline strategies...finding materials...grading (yikes)...tests (double yikes)

Without a doubt, I've learned more than the students! :)


Here are a few pictures of my classroom!




My lesson from Monday for the 4th-6th graders about sicknesses.


Anthony has even accompanied me to the classroom a few times.

A few school highlights...


A month ago, the waterworks of Magdalena put on a race. I got to accompany the 10 students from CVV who participated. It was a fun experience.


This weekend, we celebrate Children's day, so this week we have had something special going on everyday. Monday was crazy sock day. Here are the primary school teachers, director, tutors and lunch lady posing with their socks. 

Anthony Photo Dump


9 months in February


10 months in March


11 months in April

We are 2 weeks away from his 1st birthday and babyhood is rapidly fading into the toddler years with new sounds and skills every day! 




Out to eat on the weekend. Miguel works evenings at the Carnisimo Burger restaurant and I work mornings. We have a babysitter a couple mornings a week so Miguel can focus on his schoolwork. That being said, we really look forward to our weekends together. 


Mid-march we had off on a Monday and so Sunday night we headed up to Tucson and enjoyed a little family getaway. 


I have still been teaching piano lessons to a couple of kids, children of the CVV primary school PE teacher. I just love these kids. And their personalities were really shining through on this particular day with their outfits, so I had to get a picture with Anthony. 


Four new toofers in the last couple months. Also isn't this comparison of me at 9 months and Anthony at 10 months just great. Some pictures really bring out Mom's genes and some really bring out Dad's genes. 


Just love this picture from the park on the left. And on the right, we are making the almost daily, sometimes twice daily, walk up the block to the grocery store. Our house is right behind Anthony.


Family photo from last week. 


Photos from Easter weekend! 


My favorite recent mommy/son photo and water fun...lots of that in the near future as the weather has been getting very warm!

Over spring break, I was blessed to have my mom and two youngest brothers visit. 



We really enjoyed the time together. 

On Easter Monday, Miguel's paternal grandmother passed away in California. So we ended up making a last minute trip for the funeral. So thankful we were able to go.



Anthony met his Papa Mikey!...



...his Uncle Pedro, his cousin Delilah and many other family members!

Thanks for your continued support and prayers!