Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

CVE Rodeo



On Saturday, September 25th, Casa Vida y Esperanza and the cowboys from Agua Viva Ranch co-hosted a fun roping and barrel racing day. There was even a sheep tying competition for the kids. 


So many cowboys and cowgirls came. It was hot and sunny, but there were popsicles, soda, horchata, lemonade, and snow cones for sale as well as burritos, cinnamon rolls, and fritos with salsa.


sheep tying


The event had been planned to be a part of Expo in August, but was postponed.


Miguel ran the music and sound system


In the evening we were blessed to attend the marriage celebration of Bertha's daughter, Carolina, and her husband, Giovanni. I especially enjoyed listening to the mariachis pictured above. This group had two violins and four young ladies participating which I hadn't seen before. You could tell they were having a lot of fun. Mariachi music is a traditional Mexican style of music.


Hope you enjoy this small taste of Mariachi.

Stay tuned for an update on our flash (and surprise!) trip to Illinois for my mom's 50th last weekend!