Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Expo Esperanza 2021

 

Balto participated in the dog obstacle course with C.


Miguel and I made burritos, cinnamon rolls, and "fresh waters" (lemonade and Jamaica) and sold them at the food stand.


Our view of the arena

It was exciting to have many children and other family members from CVV (our school on-site) participate in the barrel racing and the music competitions. 


I was especially proud of my piano students who participated and both won! This lovely little lady who played Amazing Grace beautifully and another lovely young lady (below in white) who impressed me with her dedication, learning and playing Canon in D.


Sunday after Expo, we had a meal for all of CVE and I didn't have any helpers. Thankfully, these two girls were available to help and did a great job, making brownies, cutting watermelon and washing dishes. We whipped up a supper of haystacks for 40 people in just a few hours!


The Monday after Expo Miguel and I took Marce to the airport in Hermosillo. After dropping her off, we went out to eat and had some delicious ribeye steak tacos.


It's been raining and raining and raining here. Wednesday last week, the water nearly came into the kitchen and then on Friday it flooded the back storage. I wasn't here to see the mess, but thankfully some others cleaned it up.