Hymns of Zion #201

"...I want my friends to pray for me, to hold me up on wings of faith, that I may walk the narrow way, kept by our Father's glorious grace...I need the prayers of those I love." Hymns of Zion #201

Thursday, October 17, 2019

October Weekend



Eating a corn dog in the Magdalena Plaza. 
On Friday, Miguel and I went to see the stands in the plaza that were still there from the festival a week before. We bought some churros (similar to cinnamon and sugar covered donuts) and a corn dog. The stands were full of purses, bags, clothing, hats, statues, vases, blankets, toys, and lots of kitchen and household items. Each vendor had their specialties. Some of the items were cheaply made such as plastic kitchen items, toys, and some of the clothing. Others were high quality and some even handmade, such as painted pottery, grinding stones, and some kitchen items and clothes. We purchased a couple clay coffee mugs and a hat. There were also carnival rides and many, many food stands. The food stands were selling tacos, churros, fruit, deserts, pizza, drinks, and "Gorditas" which are like fat tortillas and can be filled with Nutella, cream cheese, goat-milk caramel and other delicious fillings. It is always an interesting experience!


Me sporting Miguel's hat from the ranch. "Rancho Agua Viva" means Living Water Ranch.
On Saturday, Miguel and I went out to CVE to work in the garden patch he's been cleaning up. We planted some corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers. We'll have to see how they do! 


Sunday afternoon as I drove home from church on one of the routes, we crossed the river and their were lots of these yellow wildflowers growing by it. So I stopped and picked some to put in the vase on my piano. Only one older lady and I were still in the vehicle, and she was telling me about when she and her husband used to grow their own corn and beans when they lived in the mountains. They would eat the harvest, so she never needed to buy food from the store until she moved to where she lives now. Miguel and I take her to church nearly every Sunday. She loves plants and flowers and grows them in buckets in her yard. She is so sweet and I am blessed to know her.

Stay tuned as this weekend is our annual Chili and Pie Competition! Hopefully I will have a few photos to share.


Questions without Answers

Questions without answers,
I bring them all to Thee
And lay them down before Thy feet;
I know my wisdom’s not complete,
So Thy dear name I now repeat,
Oh Lord of majesty!

Questions without answers,
The why, the when, the how
The path before me gives me fear,
But I will trust that Thou art near
To help me on and wipe each tear.
Before Thy throne I bow.

Questions without answers,
Hold me to Thy breast.
I am helpless to perform.
Please work Thy will in me, O Lord,
And lead me to Thy heaven home
Where in Thy arms I’ll rest.

written March 2013

Also, I have a request for any of you who read this blog. Because I don't know who reads it, I often feel as though I am writing for 5 people or so. So could you please drop a comment below to let me know. Thanks!